Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Ephesians 1:15-17


Ephesians 1.15-17. How dedicated am I to thanksgiving and prayer for those who I long to know everything that God has for them? Paul has not stopped saying thank you. He is continually astounded by the way in which God is at work, by the incredible reality of verses 13-14: Paul sees God's hand and he can't help but pour out his gratitude. As a rule, I am ungrateful. I miss what God is doing and even when I do see it, I don't say thank you. 


Paul remembers to pray. He knows that prayer is where it's at. It's the only thing that will make a difference and so he is unceasing in remembrance of his brothers and sisters. Oh for such love and such commitment, such determination for others to experience God's goodness that we would keep asking keep asking keep asking. And for what do we ask? We ask for the spirit. We ask for what is so far beyond us. We ask for a knowledge of God that withstands all opposition and doubt and suffering. We ask for unswerving confidence in the gloriously glorious father that will not be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment