Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 April 2014

The Joy Challenge: Tuesday 15th April 2014

Good old Mary Mary. Sitting in costa feeling a little down in the dumps and the 90s remix on the radio blasts out..."Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance. I'll praise you through my circumstance." So again I say, come on, soul! Yesterday I had a really frustrating hospital appointment. No one's quite sure what's wrong with me but my body still insists that I'm not very well and I'm finding it difficult to not fall into self-pity. But but but. God is sovereign. He actually is. That is amazing. He's perfectly in control of all things and He works them for our good. Somehow. 2 corinthians 12.9-10. If we want to know his power then we need to accept, and even DELIGHT (!) in being weak. So, here's to delighting. Let us delight in our broken humanity, our inability, our groaning bodies that long to be clothed with heaven so that we know his power today.

No comments:

Post a Comment