Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Joy Challenge: Tuesday 8th April 2014

The sun is a glorious part of creation. This morning I felt the warmth of its waking rays on my back as I ran down the river. As I turned a corner, I was confronted by its full blazing splendour, face upturned, eyes closed, running with joyful abandon. The world is a beautiful place when the sun shines: each leaf gleams its iridescent green, each paperly blossom petal distinct, edges set ablaze. And now at sundown, the sun's waning light is different but no less beautiful: a rich, golden butter coating the clouds. With the rising and the setting of the sun, with each dawn and each dusk, let us press on to acknowledge Him.
Hosea 6:3
Let us acknowledge the Lord;
let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment