Search This Blog

Monday 17 March 2014

The Joy Challenge: Monday 17th March 2014

In peace I will lie down and sleep for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8. On this Monday morning, let us rejoice in our waking, in eyes that open, bodies that move, hearts that beat, in the weak sunlight of morning that presses through curtains. Let our first thought not be the grumble of a new week, of work and the countdown till the weekend, but a welling up of joy in our being here, safe, secure, alive. Where many in the world rest sleeplessly in fear, hunger, persecution, uncertainty, let us be glad that us Brits have so very little to fear, so very much complacency in our own safety. Awake, my heart, my soul, my mind, my strength, and sing of his love and goodness today. His mercies are new this very morning as with ever other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment