Search This Blog

Monday 31 March 2014

The Joy Challenge: Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th March 2014


Rejoice in actual real life no internet text message phone line needed face to face contact. A strange - slightly ironic - one but in this oh so contactable age of technological advance we must also celebrate those who we can reach out and touch, hug, smile at, whisper in the ears of. Have been signal-less for the whole weekend in the middle of the Dales with both sides of the family and it has been a joy. Evidently I am one who delights in the texting facebooking emailing blogging of our network world and yet as I sit in the car on a long long journey homewards I rejoice in the wordless presence of Hamish as he drives, as this morning I rejoiced in a bear hug from my dad. In whose presence do we have the pleasure of being today? Let us celebrate our touchable communities, the shoulders we knock into, the lives that ours so complacently brush up against, 

No comments:

Post a Comment