Search This Blog

Monday 31 March 2014

The Joy Challenge: Tuesday 25th March 2014


Rejoice in surrender. Today, as I sat in the quiet musty stillness of the chapel room of St. Cuthbert's House of Prayer I was reminded of an old Celtic meditation...Father, I abandon myself into your hands, do with me as you will, and whatever you do I will thank you. Whatever you do. Whatever you choose for me. Whatever you want for my life. Now that is a hard thing. A hard thing to surrender all, to loosen tightly gripped hands, give in, let go, relinquish agendas, visions, plans, desires, wants. And yet we do so knowing that the hands that catch us are our Father's. The clay trusts the potter with immeasurable trust precisely because of who the potter is. We fall freely into the hands of our father, abba, daddy and in such giving up of self we find that we become those we are meant to be. It is handing over our whole self that sets us free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment